Monday, February 17, 2014

Home Away From Home




How did the rest of my first day go? It ended with me riding with Ada's father on the back of his motorcycle at night to get Chinese food. And he got the helmet, which I thought was odd seeing as how I was told this was a hospitable culture.* Anyways I didn’t die, so on with the post. 

Here’s the place I’ll call home for the next couple months. It’s a cozy little place. About half of the square footage is made up of the patio which has this amazing view of the neighborhood where I live. It’s called Cooke Town so if I get Taken or Taken 2 you can start looking for me there. 

Click on for the grand tour.




This is the foyer.


The bed. It’s a very firm mattress, but it’s somehow really comfortable.


The bathroom. Not a squat toilet. Win.


Solar powered water heater. Switch it on 15 minutes before you want to take a shower and you’re set. 


Here’s the kitchen. Sink and a hotplate. Already making some good use out of it. 


The TV. It gets CNN but every time I turn it on it’s playing the same episode of Peirs Morgan  where he interviews Bradley Cooper. Not too sure about that.



Here are a few shots of the patio. Seeing this for the first time blew me away. It’s just beautiful.









Oh also I didn’t take a picture of him but there’s a security guard who sits at the entrance to the complex to keep the riff-raff out. 

I feel so blessed to have a place like this to come home to at the end of the day. To everyone who has supported me: Thank you so much for putting a roof over my head. You guys are awesome. This wouldn’t be possible without your help. 

Till next time,

Daniel

*This is totally a joke. My contacts here have been so hospitable to me. They’ve been making sure I know where to get good food and clean water, helped me set up my phone and have been showing me all around this amazing city.  I would be so lost without them. 

He did get the helmet though-that part wasn’t a joke.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Daniel, this place looks beautiful, I have a feeling you're in for an amazing adventure. Enjoy your journey and I'll try to keep up with the shooty-hooping here at home so I can fill you in when you get back ;).

    - Daniel

    ReplyDelete